"Official English" again

P. Kerim Friedman kerim.list at oxus.net
Sun Aug 10 20:48:28 UTC 2003

The report referred to in that op-ed can be found here:

http://www.lexingtoninstitute.org/education/pdf/nycbilingual.pdf

I could not find any articles on line specifically critiquing that
report. However, there is this site which lists carefully reviewed
success stories:

http://www2.lab.brown.edu/NABE/portraits.taf

And here is a good Google Directory Page:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Social_Sciences/
Language_and_Linguistics/Bilingualism/Bilingual_Education/

Also, this essay has some good critiques of earlier studies:

http://www.iteachilearn.com/cummins/researchbildebate.html

Also, this site has lots of good references:

http://www.cal.org/ERICCLL/faqs/rgos/bi.html

But, like I said, nothing specifically on the New York study cited
above. Does anyone have something on that?

- kerim