email, chat, and linguistic anthropology

Jim Wilce jim.wilce at nau.edu
Sat Aug 30 00:30:13 UTC 2003

Dear members of the list,

I am looking for ways to guide grad students who want to investigate
virtual communities in a linguistic anthropology grad course, and I
know there is some ethnographic lit. out there, and I think there is
some linguistic anthropology that speaks to those domains, and in
fact I believe in the last two days I saw an article that had just
come out on families and the internet in an anthropology journal like
Current Anthropology. But just now I'm not finding anything.

This list has always come to the rescue in such cases.

Thanks in advance,

Jim
--
Jim Wilce, Associate Professor of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University
email: jim.wilce at nau.edu
Home page: http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~jmw22

New! You can now order Jim's 2003 edited volume, Social and Cultural
Lives of Immune Systems, from Routledge. See
http://www.routledge-ny.com/books.cfm?isbn=0415310040.