Dame Edna etc.

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Thu Feb 13 17:57:49 UTC 2003

My reaction to this is to put it in the same category as Homer Simpson and
his daily stereotypical denigrations of minorities, the French
("cheese-eating surrender monkeys") and all that.  He's stupid, and we can
all laugh at his stupidity, most of the time.  Nobody takes it seriously,
although the "surrender monkey" stuff seems to be getting a lot of press,
especially in the last few weeks.  (Did a Google Search and came up with
alot of stuff.)

Dame Edna is also a parody of herself, I would think.  She disses
everybody.

Hal Schiffman