query re: work on representations of Ebonics in TV

Ellen L. Contini-Morava elc9j at unix.mail.virginia.edu
Wed Jan 29 20:29:14 UTC 2003

John R. Rickford and Russell J. Rickford's book Spoken Soul:  the Story of
Black English, has some discussion of media representations, though I
don't recall off the top of my head whether TV sitcoms are included.  I
was going to also recommend a good website for further resources, then
realized that it's actually yours so you would already know about it.  But
for others who don't:

http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~patrickp/links.html#AAVE

Ellen