Historical Dictionary of American Slang

Bryllars at concentric.net Bryllars at concentric.net
Tue Jul 1 23:12:36 UTC 2003

I would find very interesting a study of the changes in the concept and
functions of
"slang" - both in local communities and in media
     for we certainly live in a mightily changed repertory of discourses
and a vacuum of agreement  of what is approrpriate etc etc.

So how does slang WORK today.

These are questions about which self-appointed linguistic arbiters such as
John Simon and William Saffire have little genuine experience, let alone
something useful to say.

Bryllars at concentric.net