Book announcement

Leila Monaghan monaghan at indiana.edu
Sat Jul 12 04:15:34 UTC 2003

After six years of work, I am proud to announce the publication of
Many Ways to Be Deaf, a collection of 15 articles on Deaf communities
from 14 countries with an intro by me placing all of these into
historical perspective.  Included are chapters by long time
linganthers, Richard Senghas, Barbara LeMaster, Donald Grushkin and
Karen Nakamura on Nicaragua, Ireland, the US and Japan.

For general information and a sample chapter on Taiwan, see:

http://gupress.gallaudet.edu/bookpage/MW2BDbookpage.html

For Amazon info (and a 30% discount):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1563681358/qid=10579821
02/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-5682703-3674453?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

For review copies for journal or class use, write to Frances Clark on
your official letterhead.  If the book is for a class, please
describe the class and estimate enrollment.

Frances Clark
Review Copy Requests
Gallaudet University Press
Denison House
800 Florida Ave., NE
Washington, DC 20002
FAX: 202-651-5489

Official citation:

Monaghan, Leila, Constanze Schmaling, Karen Nakamura, and Graham H.
Turner (2003) Many Ways to be Deaf: International Variation in Deaf
Communities. Washington, DC: Gallaudet University Press.

cheers, Leila

Leila Monaghan, PhD
Indiana University
Department of Communication and Culture