SMS vs. MTV

Ron Kuzar kuzar at research.haifa.ac.il
Tue Sep 2 14:44:46 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues,
I have been approached by a journalist on a topic I know nothing about,
and I thought this list might provide or produce some knowledge on this
topic.
His tentative thesis is that the SMS generation is more textual and more
linearly oriented than the MTV generation, which was much more visually
and aurally stimulated.
If anybody knows of any research about social implications of SMS and/or
about a comparison between technological generations, I will forward
this to the journalist.
Best wishes
Roni
                             Dr. Ron Kuzar
Address:           Department of English Language and Literature
                         University of Haifa
                          IL-31905 Haifa, Israel
Office:               +972-4-824-9826, Fax: +972-4-824-9711
Home:               +972-2-641-4780, Mobile: +972-54-819-676
Email:                kuzar at research.haifa.ac.il
Homepage:       http://research.haifa.ac.il/~kuzar