Raspberry column

Ronald Kephart rkephart at unf.edu
Wed Sep 3 16:15:13 UTC 2003

At 3:45 PM +0000 9/3/03, Maggie Ronkin wrote:

>A readable classic that I believe everybody should read:
>
>Heath, Shirley Brice. 1996. What no bedtime story means: Narrative
>skills at home and school.

It's also reprinted in Duranti (ed), Linguistic Anthropology: A
Reader. Blackwell 2001. Pp. 318-42.

Another pertinent article that I had in mind is by Ochs and
Schieffelin, reprinted in the same volume: "Language acquisition and
socialization: three developmental stories and their implications",
pp, 263-301.

Ron

--
Ronald Kephart