WITH ALL CONFIDENTIALITY WHATSOEVER

Harriet J Ottenheimer mahafan at ksu.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:48:10 UTC 2003

Hi all. Special thanks to Celso for creating (I assume) and sending this.
It's a good spoof.

I began researching these letters last year, tracing them, and analyzing the
discourse. I collected over 150 of them in one six month period.  I
presented a paper on it all (with co-author Davi Ottenheimer) focusing on
language, ethnicity, stereotypes, and computer security at the National
Association for Ethnic Studies conference last spring.  We'll probably do
another presentation or two and then work it up for publication.

Cheers,

Harriet Ottenheimer
Kansas State University