[Linganth] Mexican Spanish & U.S. Latina/o media

Christie Lopez christielopez at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 6 06:56:52 UTC 2004

I'm stumped.  Everyone I've ever spoken to from Spain is insistent that theirs is the most correct.  Of the countries in South and even Central America, perhaps conversational Spanish in Colombia is the easiest to understand as it is more fluid and has less idiosyncrasies than the others.  I think Mexico's version is equally enjoyable though.

However, which version is "correct" is actually irrelevant.  Who "gets the gold" on TV has more to do with money and political maneuvering than anything else.