[Linganth] Year of Languages Radio Program

Leila Monaghan monaghan at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:37:52 UTC 2004

Hi.  Rick Erickson (E. M. Rickerson, Professor Emeritus, College of
Charleston, erickerson at comcast.net) has sent out a note asking people to
contact their local radio stations to urge them to play "Talkin' about
Talk," a series of 52 5 minute radio pieces on different aspects of
language in honor of the Year of Languages, including some done by
linguistic anthropologists.  If you have contacts with radio program
directors or are interested in promoting the program in your area,
information is below.

all best, Leila

Information on the program:
http://www.cofc.edu/linguist

Copy of a letter to Program Directors from Rick:
http://portfolio.iu.edu/monaghan/Deaf_Writings/Letter_to_Program_Directors.doc

Topics that will be covered in the pieces:
http://portfolio.iu.edu/monaghan/Deaf_Writings/Topics.doc

Update on progress of the show from Rick:
 I think you'll see from the sample scripts and the website (and if you
listen to the audio file on the website) that the series is coming along
quite well. We have already recorded 10 segments and expect to have 15 by
the end of December; i.e. material for the first 2-3 months of
broadcasting has been written, reviewed, revised and recorded. Another 23
scripts have been submitted in draft, and are somewhere in the review
process. Commitments have been made by our colleagues to write another12,
and only 7 topics are still without an author.  We've come along way since
September.