[Linganth] Visiting Assistant Professorship at the U of Illinois (fwd)

Patrick Eisenlohr peisenlo at artsci.wustl.edu
Tue May 4 15:22:00 UTC 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:26:09 -0500
From: Matti Bunzl <bunzl at uiuc.edu>
To: peisenlo at artsci.wustl.edu
Subject: Visiting Assistant Professorship at the U of Illinois

Dear Patrick,

Our anthropology department was just authorized to make a one-year
visiting appointment in the anthropology of Russia, Eastern Europe,
or Eurasia for the coming academic year. I am including the job ad
below. Please, share the ad (which has a very close deadline) with
any of your students or others you know who might be interested in
applying for the position. I will chair the search; so if you and/or
a prospective applicant have any questions, please do let me know.

All best and many thanks for your help!
Matti

The Department of Anthropology at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign seeks to hire a sociocultural or linguistic
anthropologist with expertise in the ethnography, language and
culture of Russia, Eastern Europe, or Eurasia for a one-year Visiting
Assistant Professor position beginning August 16, 2004. Scholarly
excellence is our primary criterion. The candidate should have an
active research program and demonstrated excellence as a teacher in
both undergraduate and graduate courses. The successful candidate
will teach three courses during the academic year 2004/05: an
undergraduate course on his/her area of geographical expertise in the
fall of 2004; an advanced undergraduate/graduate course in the
anthropology of Russia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia in the spring of
2005; and a general introductory course in sociocultural anthropology
in the spring of 2005. ABD required; Ph.D. preferred. Salary $35,000
for Ph.D., $33,000 for ABD. Please send a letter of application,
vita, writing samples, and the names and current contact addresses of
three referees to Paul A. Garber, Head, Department of Anthropology,
109 Davenport Hall, 607 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801. For
full consideration, applications should be received by May 19, 2004.
The University of Illinois is an AA-EOE.

Matti Bunzl

Department of Anthropology
109 Davenport Hall
607 South Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel.: (217) 265-4068
Fax:  (217) 244-3490
e-mail: bunzl at uiuc.edu

Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities
805 West Pennsylvania Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel.: (217) 333-3138
Fax: (217) 333-9617