[Linganth] Fwd: Statement from UNITE HERE

Valentina Pagliai Valentina.Pagliai at oberlin.edu
Fri Oct 29 03:57:48 UTC 2004

Ok, after reading the statement from Neal Kwatra I want to give you my two cents on this.
It seems to me that the stress of Neal's message is on a "long term program" of solidarity on our part.

Personally, I don't think that the important choice is between San Jose or Atlanta. Instead, what is important is to make sure that what happened this time will not repeat itself. Personally I believe, and I have said this last year at the AAA meeting as well, that we should stop having our meetings in corporate hotels. I don't know if the AAA has ever even explored alternatives: universities, conference centers, etc. , but I think it would be worth trying. (Maybe we could ask the unions to help us find a place for next year).

In peace,

Valentina Pagliai
Oberlin College