[Linganth] Possible virus

Richard J Senghas Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu
Fri Oct 29 13:51:11 UTC 2004

Folks,

It appears the Linganth list (or my account) is being spoofed by a
virus.  I've seen some virus warning messages come to me indicating
that messages have been found with viruses.  Please be careful.

The Linganth list does not allow attachment files for this very
reason; you can't get a virus from a real Linganth list posting.

However, you CAN get a virus from a message pretending to be from
this list, for example, by using a subject header with [Linganth]
(which I've seen), and possibly having a sender header with an
account on the list (to try to look real).  If you receive a message
with [Linganth] in the header but also with an attachment, please
delete it without opening it!

Sorry for any confusion or concern out there....

-Richard