[Linganth] Substitute x for y

Francis M Hult fmhult at dolphin.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:50:08 UTC 2005

Lack of flexibility seems to be central to how fastfood workers are
trained.  I think in 'Fast Food Nation' Schlosser goes into the robotic
nature of working at fastfood establishments, among other adverse working
conditions (such as those reported by a member of a workers movement
related to another famous fastfood chain on this site:
http://www.mwr.org.uk/mcjobs.htm)

I have had many a frustrating experience with special orders at various
fastfood places.  Now I'm starting to wonder if this is could be related
to an emphasis by management on the routine of the service encounter in
these places.

Francis