[Linganth] Is "motherese" universal?

Harriet J. Ottenheimer mahafan at ksu.edu
Tue Jan 4 22:56:00 UTC 2005

This is terrific information.  I had no idea and am glad to be brought
up to speed.  I'd learned to spin a few years ago and we were only
taught spindle and whorl techniques and then spinning wheels.  So it's
indeed possible that spinning of string could easily have existed before
spindle whorls; too bad the fibres themselves don't leave traces in the
archaeological record (or do they? perhaps as imprints in clay-ey
soils?).  --Harriet