[Linganth] May Ebihara

monaghan at indiana.edu monaghan at indiana.edu
Tue May 3 14:32:50 UTC 2005

May Ebihara, a remarkable anthropologist, scholar and teacher, the woman who
introduced my parents, and one of the reasons I became an anthropologist, died
last week, I think of lung cancer.

I don't have more details but I will send them once I do.  She was an a lovely
woman and will be missed by all who knew her.

The brief listing from the CUNY Graduate Center Site:

May Ebihara (PhD Columbia 1968; Prof Emerita) Cultural anthropology, social
organization, theory, history of anthropology; SE Asia, N Amer

She was one of the few anthropologists who worked in Cambodia before the late
1980s.

best wishes to you all,

Leila

monaghan at indiana.edu