Let's introduce ourselves!

Valentina Pagliai Valentina.Pagliai at oberlin.edu
Thu Nov 10 17:41:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

Here is my Bio.

I teach in the Anthropology dept. at Oberlin College as an assistant
professor.  I did my Phd at UCLA in Linguistic Anthropology. My
research is on verbal art and performance. I worked on storytelling and
identity with the Italian Americans in LA, then on verbal duels in
Tuscany. I am interested in the relationship between art and
nationalism and also in identity constructions, gender, ethnicity,
race. My future research (starting in May) will be on the construction
of race and racism in interaction & storytelling (in Italy).  Among the
others, I teach courses on "Art, Language and Society" and "Discourse,
Nationhood and Racism."

As for the AAA, I will be there and I would love to see you all for
dinner on friday.

Valentina Pagliai
Oberlin College