timing patterns in language?

Harriet Ottenheimer mahafan at ksu.edu
Fri Sep 23 14:45:17 UTC 2005

Hi Richard,

There is a very tiny chance that what you are looking for is (or might
be found referenced in) D. Efron's 1941 study of gesture use among
Italian-speaking immigrants from southern Italy in New York City (and
also Yiddish-speaking immigrants in NYC).  Republished in 1972.
('Gesture, Race and Culture.' The Hague: Mouton.)

Harriet Ottenheimer
Professor of Anthropology & American Ethnic Studies
Kansas State University