Work on racialization, racism and languag

Valentina Pagliai Valentina.Pagliai at oberlin.edu
Thu Aug 31 12:20:23 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues,

If you are also on the SLA list, sorry for the cross-posting.

I was wondering if there are people among you working
on language and race, or racialization processes,
looking at everyday conversations. Also, anybody
working on racism, and on racism against immigrants.
Right now I am in Italy doing fieldwork on these
topics myself.

I am thinking about organizing a panel for IPRA on
these or related topics, so if you could be
interested, drop me a line. Also, I was wondering who
is working on European union in general and European
nationalism and/or identity.

Ciao,

Valentina Pagliai
Dept. of Anthropology