Technology, Lexicon, Professionalism

Chad Nilep Chad.Nilep at colorado.edu
Sun Dec 17 00:34:30 UTC 2006

This sounds a bit suspicious to me. Notice the last paragraph:

"Tesco, which commissioned the report, said it was responding by launching a
scheme which allows all UK comprehensive schools to interact and communicate
with other schools around the country using its internet phone technology."

The BBC seems to be playing into a scheme to sell a product. Tesco appears, from
their web page, to be a retailer and communications company.

The Ars Technica piece doesn't mention Tesco, but they appear to be reporting on
the BBC report, not on McEnery's study, whatever it may have said.

This could perhaps be noted in any blog piece on the subject.

-Chad Nilep