Technology, Lexicon, Professionalism

Alexandre Enkerli enkerli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 23:58:29 UTC 2006

Chad,

Thanks a lot for investigating this!
Actually, it makes me think that despite the usual quality of their
coverage, the BBC went for the "kids these days" angle. What got me in this
coverage (and I came to it through the geekier angle given by AT) is that it
mostly seemed to reify tired categories instead of using this as an
opportunity to see the actual connections between technological
developments, social changes, and language change.
So your report of McEnery's work is heartening.

Thanks again!

--
Alexandre
http://enkerli.wordpress.com/