[SLA] Re: [Linganth] query about graduate schools

Jim Wilce jim.wilce at nau.edu
Sat Jul 22 23:31:23 UTC 2006

(Answer only to sender)
We at Northern Arizona University have an excellent MA in linguistic
anthropology, for which the application deadline is Feb. 1. The GRE is
not required. For further information, see
http://www4.nau.edu/anthro/anthropology/Topic_Pages/Linguistics.htm, as
well as the main page for the graduate program,
http://www4.nau.edu/anthro/anthropology/masters_program/masters.htm, and
the department's main page. From the first page listed (about the MA in
Linguistic Anthropology), be sure to download the "movie" (about a one
minute quicktime movie by one of our recent graduates talking about how
his perspective on anthropology was transformed by his training in
linguistic anthropology at NAU). Also, see the link to the speaker
series that will continue for another two years, enriching the graduate
program, at
http://www4.nau.edu/anthro/anthropology/anthro_ling/ling_anthro/poster.htm.
Finally, feel free to visit my web page, which has fairly up to date
information on my courses and publications—
http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/%7Ejmw22/.

Ours is a terminal MA program. We have a good track record of helping
our MA graduates gain admission into the PhD programs of their choice,
or to immediately begin applied work in such fields as language
revitalization. Feel free to contact me.

Jim Wilce (jim.wilce at nau.edu)

--
Striving to teach and publish the best in linguistic anthropology--an ethnographic approach to the analysis of semiotic and discursive forms in relation to sociocultural processes

Jim Wilce, Professor of Anthropology
Editor, Blackwell Studies in Discourse and Culture
Box 15200
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff AZ 86011-5200
Bldg. 98D, Room 101E