chips in immigrants

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 6 13:21:45 UTC 2006

When I first forwarded the file about RFID chips, I imagined satires that
would claim that you could implant a chip that would also do instant
translation (!) and therefore would solve the English-only problem as
well.  Wilder things have been claimed for automated translation programs,
so why not this? After all, C3PO could handle 60,000,000 languages, and he
was designed and built by the young Annekin Skywalker.

Hal Schiffman