Geno's/Cheesesteak Reactions on NPR

Wendi A. Haugh whaugh at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 6 18:03:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

NPR's Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane spent an hour on this issue this
morning - I only caught the end of the show while driving, but Geno himself
was a guest earlier in the show.  A link to the show (Real Audio or MP3) is
at http://www.whyy.org/91FM/radiotimes.html.

Also, for those not from this area, one of Philadelphia's most famous
rivalries is between Geno's and Pat's over who has the best cheesesteak -
now I guess there are political considerations to throw into the mix.

Wendi

At 11:44 AM 6/6/06 -0400, you wrote:
>Seems like those reactions are taking an interesting turn, including some
>issues of defining speech communities, cultural contacts, and language
>identity.
>http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14742653.htm
>http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14729968.htm
>http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14720152.htm
>http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14742740.htm
>
>Alexandre
>http://enkerli.wordpress.com/

Wendi A. Haugh, PhD
Department of Anthropology
323 University Museum
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6398

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
                                         -- Margaret Mead