Fwd: RE: Cross-Cultural Diversity Teaching and Assessment

William Warren wfwarren at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 20:35:04 UTC 2006

One possible source for ideas would be the ATS (American Theological
Schools, see some info on their web site at http://www.ats.edu/
resources/tearch/TEArchives.pdf and http://www.ats.edu/resources/
foliocol.pdf) .  This accrediting agency requires an emphasis on
"globalization" as part of the accreditation requirements.  I recall
some articles in the past in their journal on this subject from the
early 90's based upon a project to help theological faculties learn
about this area by leading them (faculty, students, and
administrators were all involved) through various types of cross-
cultural encounters.  They published some case studies for use on
this that I found helpful when leading our faculty through a workshop
on understanding diversity from both an emic and an etic perspective
(and helping them to understand that there is a difference between
these two for those we impact and who impact us).   The case study
approach seemed to work well in the limited time that was allowed for
the presentation (about 2 hours).

paz,

Bill Warren