Clicks

Francis M Hult fmhult at dolphin.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 28 02:23:39 UTC 2006

I will not venture a guess on the reason for clicks.  I would be curious to know the
reasons for the 'spooking game' hypothesis, though.

As far as DNA markers go, they may be indicators of a genetic population which I suppose
could map on to a speech community.  Thinking along these lines, one might
suggest that linguistic features within such a population could develop through natural
processes of language evolution.  This might be what the author of the article suggests.
There are, of course, countless potential problems with this line of thinking.

Francis

----- message from Ronald Kephart <rkephart at unf.edu> -----

----- End forwarded message -----