Clicks

Adi Hastings adi-hastings at uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:16:22 UTC 2006

Absurd it may be, and in fact, if pressed most geneticists would deny this
proposition. However, at least within certain fashions of speaking among the
geneticist community, there seems to be an alarming tendency to link genetic
markers with linguistic ones. We just finished conducting a job search here at
Iowa for an anthropological geneticist (a joint position w/ Biology here), and
I was frankly surprised and alarmed to hear job talks which referred
linguistic and genetic phenotypic groupings without distinction.

Adi Hastings
Dept. of Anthropology
University of Iowa