Linguistic Anthropology DVDs?

Barbara Johnstone bj4 at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat May 13 17:23:25 UTC 2006

Do You Speak American? is a recent (first broadcast in 2006) film available
on DVD, with an extensive website that includes some good classroom
materials.  It's a sort of sequel to the Story of English series.  It's not
as good as American Tongues, in my opinion, but some parts are very good.
It's about the US (mainly, with a few references to Canada) but not
exclusively about English.

http://www.pbs.org/speak/

Barbara

Barbara Johnstone
Professor of Rhetoric and Linguistics
Editor, LANGUAGE IN SOCIETY
Department of English, Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890 USA

bj4 at andrew.cmu.edu
412.268.6447 office phone/voicemail, 412.268.7989 fax
http://english.cmu.edu/people/faculty/homepages/johnstone/default.html