"I saw the dog"

Kephart, Ronald rkephart at unf.edu
Mon Oct 23 12:59:19 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Can anyone furnish me with a gloss of "I saw the dog" in any
languages you happen to know? I'm especially interested in American
languages (Apache, Hopi, Lakota) but any will do. I want to add some
to my demonstration of the different ways languages construct such a
simple sentence. Please include the order of morphemes, similar to
the following, but doesn't have to be too technical as it's for
undergrad non-majors:

Garifuna (Arawakan):
Arihanali awnli le.
ariha        -na  -li  ownli  le
have-seen   I     it  dog    the (masc. sing)

Thanks in advance.

Ron
PS: I already have English, Spanish, Russian, Garifuna, Aymara, Haitian Creole.