Transcription notation

Joshua Raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 1 01:34:10 UTC 2007

I know that John Du Bois and colleagues developed (or are still developing?) a system for transcribing discourse - more info here: http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/projects/transcription/

I also think that Frederick Erickson developed a form of musical score transcription at some point - maybe discussed in his _Talk and Social Theory_?  That's the last piece of his I remember reading, anyway :)

Joshua

Joshua Raclaw - PhD student
Department of Linguistics
Culture, Language & Social Practice