Medical Authority in Pharmaceutical Ads

Celso Alvarez Cáccamo lxalvarz at udc.es
Sun Nov 4 20:23:09 UTC 2007

Hi Maggie, could you elaborate on "register displacement"?  Is it like
mimicked self-quotation in a different "voice"?  I wrote something on "code
displacement" some years, though I don't know if that's the same thing.
It's: Celso Álvarez-Cáccamo. 1996. "The power of reflexive language(s):
Code displacement in reported speech". Journal of Pragmatics 25, pp. 33-59.
You can get it at: http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac/artigos/1996jop.pdf .

-celso
Celso Alvarez-Cáccamo