Linguistic Anthropology Internet board?

Leila F. Monaghan lmonagha at uwyo.edu
Thu Nov 8 21:46:37 UTC 2007

Okay, I have way too much to do but am thinking about technology again.

The blog is going strong and can still be accessed at http://linganth.blogspot.com/. It has evolved into a place to publish linganth questions in the news, a good use for it I think.

I have, however, been thinking about the best way to have general discussions of specific topics or to post information like AAA sessions that Katherine was asking about so have started a very bare bones discussion board I've called "Language Questions" to reflect that it is both for linguistic anthropologists and the general public.

http://langques.proboards106.com/index.cgi

The way I've set it up is that anyone can post in the General and Language Questions sessions but only members can post in the Technical Questions section.  It is very easy to register, just sign up and answer a few questions.  If I start getting a lot of spam I'll put a notification process on member sign ups but for now anyone can just sign up and start posting anywhere.

This is by no means designed to replace our venerable list (now 13 years old!), just to provide a place to follow specific topics more in depth.

Cheers, Leila

lmonagha at uwyo.edu
Department of Anthropology
University of Wyoming