Registration deadline approaching; Barbara Fox new plenary

Joshua Raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at colorado.edu
Fri Sep 7 18:03:23 UTC 2007

Apologies for cross-posting-

The planning committee for the Conference on Culture, Language, and Social Practice, to be held at the University of Colorado from October 5-7, is pleased to announce that Barbara Fox (CU Linguistics) will be joining the conference roster as a plenary speaker.

Additionally, we would like to remind attendees and participants that pre-registration costs ($25 students, $50 faculty/other) end in one week on September 15.  After the deadline, registration (through mail or on-site) will increase to $35 for students and $60 for faculty/other.  Registration information can be found here: http://www.colorado.edu/linguistics/faculty/kira_hall/clasp/conf/registration.html

The conference will feature workshops on sociolinguistics and linguistic anthropology (led by Mary Bucholtz and Norma Mendoza-Denton) as well as socially-oriented discourse analysis (led by Crispin Thurlow and Karen Tracy) on Friday, with paper presentations on Saturday and Sunday.  Workshop space is limited, so please register early.

Plenary talks will be given by Mary Bucholtz (Linguistics, UC Santa Barbara), Barbara Fox (Linguistics, University of Colorado), Norma Mendoza-Denton (Anthropology, University of Arizona), and Crispin Thurlow (Communication, University of Washington).

We hope to see you there!

Joshua Raclaw,
on behalf of the CLASP conference planning committee

Joshua Raclaw - PhD student
Department of Linguistics
Culture, Language & Social Practice
Women and Gender Studies