Ling / sociocult anth of Middle East/N Africa position at Northwestern

K.E. Hoffman khoffman at northwestern.edu
Tue Sep 25 20:27:58 UTC 2007

Prospective candidates should feel free to write me (Katherine Hoffman,
khoffman at northwestern.edu) with any questions.  We are defining the region
and the search broadly and are hoping to hear from linguistic anthropologists.

========
The Department of Anthropology at Northwestern University invites
applications for a full-time tenure line faculty position in the linguistic
or sociocultural anthropology of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA),
rank open. We seek applicants as part of a university-wide initiative to
develop MENA studies at Northwestern, which includes new faculty lines in
history and political science as well as anthropology. Applicants must be
engaged in ongoing ethnographic research in the region, and demonstrate
teaching experience. Candidates will be expected to teach at both the
graduate and undergraduate levels. Topics of research are open, but we are
particularly interested in applicants who complement the interests of
existing faculty in anthropology and also bridge to other units on campus.

Please send letter of application, vita, statement of research and teaching
philosophy, and the names and addresses of three references to Dr. Robert
Launay, Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, 1810 Hinman
Ave., Evanston IL 60208. We will begin reviewing applications on October 15
and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.

Northwestern University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
========

Katherine E. Hoffman, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology