SLA Website Announcement

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:34:36 UTC 2008

These day's everything is permanently in "beta." I see that Google's
Gmail is still in beta as I write this. But with that caveat out of
the way, I'm happy to announce the all new SLA website!

http://linguisticanthropology.org/

And with that announcement, comes the launch of the new official SLA blog:

http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/

Kira's announcement about the 2008 AAA panels is already up on the blog!

>From now on all official section news will be posted to the blog as
well as the SLA e-mail list, so you can subscribe to it via the RSS
feed in Google Reader, Apple Mail, FeedDeamon, or whatever RSS reader
you like to use:

http://linguisticanthropology.org/feed/

If you not on the executive committee and have an announcement for the
blog please contact SLA President Joseph Errington at:

j.errington at yale.edu

If you are on the executive committee, please contact our assistant
webmaster, Sidonie Straughn-Morse directly

straughn at Grinnell.edu

(Executive committee members can also be registered to post directly
to the blog if they like - just let me know and I'll walk you through
it.)

We are also working hard to come up with ways to integrate content
from the membership directly into the site. Right now we just have a
list of blogs and resources managed by members:

http://linguisticanthropology.org/about/resources/

but we hope to eventually have tighter integration with that content.
For instance, by pulling together an aggregated feed of all blogs run
by SLA members. If you have a blog or online resource you'd like to
see added to the list please contact Sidonie.

We are still in the process of migrating data from the old website.
Our approach was to first preserve the old site in the new
easy-to-update format, and then start thinking about new features. But
we do have lots of exciting things planned, so stay tuned. If you have
comments on the website, or would like to offer your web-design
expertise to the effort, please let me know.

PS: I would like to post information about subscribing to and managing
accounts on both LingAnth and the SLA mailing list. If you are a
manager for either of those lists, please contact me.

Cheers,

kerim
P. Kerim Friedman, Ph.D.
Department of Indigenous Cultures