Rev. deadline: Feb 1 for U of AZ Linganth conference

Heidi Orcutt-Gachiri horcutt at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 14 01:50:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have pasted in the CFP below. If you would like a flyer to post in your
department, please email me off-list and I will send one.

Thanks,

Heidi Orcutt-Gachiri

Arizona Linguistics and Anthropology Symposium at the University of Arizona
May 9–11, 2008

The Joint Program in Linguistics and Anthropology at the University of Arizona
is pleased to announce a symposium focusing on the intersections of the two
fields.

We invite the submission of abstracts for papers addressing these interests,
which include but are not limited to linguistic variation and change, formal
analysis, linguistic documentation and revitalization, interactional,
conversation, and discourse analysis, sociolinguistics, language contact, and
linguistic anthropology. Work submitted in any of these areas may focus on data
from any of the core subfields of linguistic analysis: syntax, phonology,
phonetics, semantics, pragmatics, and discourse.

Abstracts must not exceed two pages in length, minimum 1-inch margins, minimum
12-point font. Send as a PDF to azanli2008 at gmail.com.

Presentations will be 20 minutes long, with 10 minutes for questions.

Deadline for abstract submission: February 1, 2008.