Attachments, anyone?--no thanks!

Gaudio, Rudolf Rudolf.Gaudio at PURCHASE.EDU
Fri Jul 4 21:36:45 UTC 2008

I agree with Scott, Valentina, et al. in thinking that the drawbacks of attachments outweigh their benefits.  They fill up my inbox, and I'm unlikely to read them in any event.

I'm not opposed to HTML messages, but wouldn't insist on allowing them either.

Rudi

Rudolf P. Gaudio
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Purchase College, State University of New York
Purchase, New York 10577
rudolf.gaudio at purchase.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Linguistic Anthropology Discussion Group on behalf of Scott F. Kiesling
Sent: Fri 7/4/2008 5:09 PM
To: LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: [LINGANTH] Attachments, anyone?--no thanks!

I agree. Email should be text, especially lists. Besides, when people
send me a CFP (or something) as an attachment, I'm less likely to read
it than if it is in either the msg. body or a web link (which I
actually find easier to access than attachments).

And some of us use plain text email readers, and ignore html messages.

SFK

--
Scott F. Kiesling, PhD

Associate Professor