Paralanguage and Lacy/Zuckerberg Fiasco

Alexandre Enkerli enkerli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:59:11 UTC 2008

Some of you may have heard of this already but a keynote at "South by
Southwest interactive" turned into an object lesson in bad
interviewing.
After hearing and reading about the story, I got to think that the
paralinguistic angle was perhaps the most interesting one. Body
language, ditsy journalist, flirtatious interviewing style, gender,
ValSpeak, back-channel, face-to-face vs. electronic communication,
break in communication, face-threatening acts... You got them all.

I probably won't post about this on the linganth blog but, in case
you're interested, here are some of my thoughts on the topic.
http://enkerli.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/learning-interviews-and-ethnography/

--
Alexandre in Austin
http://enkerli.wordpress.com/