Video to DVD transfer?

Jonathan Dembling dembling at anthro.umass.edu
Thu May 15 01:54:31 UTC 2008

It will depend on what outputs the vcr has - if it's an old one it
probably only has rca jacks, but to capture video on the Mac I believe
you can only use the firewire port. If you have a camcorder, you
should be able to use it as a conduit, connecting the analog cables
from the vcr to the camcorder and outputting to the Mac with a
firewire cable. It may also require some setup on iMovie or whatever
other software program you might be using. Anyway that's the only way
I can transfer vhs tapes directly to my iMac.

Jonathan