Video to DVD transfer?

Alexander King a.king at abdn.ac.uk
Thu May 15 23:09:02 UTC 2008

I have read good things about ADVC-110 digital-analog (and reverse)
audio/video converter boxes. The 110 is their basic model for simple
'home' use and is not expensive. They have higher end stuff (with
more kinds of connection possibilities and better conversion
quality). I think the ADVC-300 also seemed not too expensive and
having useful features for doing lots of digitizing.

This will let you connect analog video (and audio) to your Mac via
Firewire. Then you use iMovie and iDVD to edit and make DVDs.

However, my university AV guys will digitize a VHS tape and give you
a DVD in a couple of days no charge. If it is remotely related to
your teaching or research, I recommend you ask around your own
university if the AV or library or IT departments have people to do
this for you.

best,
Alex

> On 5/14/08 5:27 PM, "Leila F. Monaghan" <lmonagha at uwyo.edu> wrote:
>
>> What is the best way to transfer old VHSs to DVDs?  I have a new
>> Mac and a clunky VHS and TV but nothing to make them talk to each
>> other.
>>
>> all best,
>>
>> Leila

http://www.koryaks.net          http://www.abdn.ac.uk/anthropology
tel:+44(1224)27 2732,  fax:+44(1224)27 2552