REMINDER: Symposium on Communicative Practices in the Lifeworld--Call For Papers

Nathaniel Dumas ndumas at BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Dec 16 18:30:01 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that we are accepting submissions for the
Symposium on Communicative Practices in the Lifeworld (CPIL), to be held at
the University of California, Berkeley on April 9-10th, 2010. CPIL provides
an interdisciplinary venue for scholars who investigate the role of
communicative practices in social life. The conference aims to bring
together scholars who are interested in broad range of phenomena relevant
to language, interaction, and socio-cultural processes. We seek to maximize
these cross-disciplinary exchanges for rethinking previous and expanding
new perspectives for conceptualizing and methodologically investigating the
complex relationships between communication and social life.

For the call for papers and information on plenary speakers, please see the
following link:

http://townsendlab.berkeley.edu/linguistic-anthropology-working-group/CPIL

Please note that our new deadline is December 17th, 2009.
Thank you for your consideration, and we encourage you to forward this to
others who you feel may be interested in presenting and/or attending. If
you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at
CPIL2010 at gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Terra Edwards, CPIL Co-organizer
Nathaniel W. Dumas, CPIL Co-organizer
Shlomy Kattan, CPIL Co-organizer

--
Nathaniel Dumas, MA
Doctoral Candidate, Linguistic Anthropology

Links:
------
[1] http://townsendlab.berkeley.edu/linguistic-anthropology-working-group