Call for abstracts:AAA panel on ideologies of written language

Jennifer Dickinson Jennifer.Dickinson at UVM.EDU
Tue Feb 10 01:59:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I am organizing an AAA panel on ideologies of written language and am
looking for a few more participants.  I am specifically interested in
papers that focus on topics like language ideology and technologies of
writing; debates over alphabets or orthography; cultural approaches to
typography or to evaluations of handwritten vs. machine-printed
language; and the visual aesthetics of written language.

For this panel, I am NOT interested in papers that take a language
ideology approach to evaluations of prose, poetry, different literary
genres etc.

If you are interested in participating in this panel, please send me
an abstract by February 28th.

Thanks,
J. Dickinson

--