AAA panel on passive voice and power?

Patricia Fogarty fogarty_t at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 16 15:29:39 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Is anyone else out there currently working on passive voice and power in discourse?
I think we could fit a panel on this topic into the "End/s of Anthropology" theme for this year's AAA meetings:  combining the ends of passive voice with a focus on those on the receiving end of passive/power constructions, and adding in the ends of discourse analysis in anthropology.  Haven't thought about the "end" part yet, only about the "ends."

So far, it's just an idea.  I'd love to hear what people think.
Sincerely,
Tricia Fogarty
Ph.D. Candidate
Emory University