Material on Lg Use in Call Centers

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Sun Jul 19 14:26:11 UTC 2009

You might take a look at a recent special issue of the journal Language Policy:

Language Policy Vol. 8, No. 1 (2009)
"Global Connections: Language Policies and International Call Centers"

http://www.springerlink.com/content/kw171t77j841/?p=955bb41e175c48f28b9403d2c7536bae&pi=1 <http://www.springerlink.com/content/kw171t77j841/?p=955bb41e175c48f28b9403d2c7536bae&pi=1>

Francis

--
Francis M. Hult, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies
University of Texas at San Antonio

Web: http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/

________________________________

From: Linguistic Anthropology Discussion Group on behalf of Maggie Ronkin
Sent: Sun 7/19/2009 3:33 AM
To: LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: [LINGANTH] Material on Lg Use in Call Centers

Dear Linganth Friends,

A group of my undergrads have shot some great video on language use in South Asian call centers - with the aim of producing polished work on the language identities and ideologies in play in these contexts.  Does anyone know how I can get Nalini by Day, Nancy by Night for them electronically (and quickly)?  And does anyone know of other interesting work on their topic that we might obtain in any media?

Many thanks!

Maggie Ronkin