Teaching linguistic anthropology courses online

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 5 01:26:48 UTC 2009

Regarding intellectual property rights, the biggest concern is when
universities own everything their professors put online - effectively
allowing them to repackage your material as they like without sharing
any revenue they generate from doing so. You might wish to investigate
university policy in this matter. Some schools have managed to create
more teacher-friendly policies whereby they must renegotiate rights
for redistribution/repackaging of these materials. In some cases,
having a more liberal "creative commons" license might actually help
professors, by making it explicit that commercial use is not allowed,
whereas non-commercial re-use is OK as long as there is proper
attribution.

Cheers,

Kerim