NPR's All Things Considered: Today's Episode in the Series, "The Human Edge"

Jim Wilce jim.wilce at NAU.EDU
Tue Aug 10 15:15:18 UTC 2010

Indeed, Bill, thank you very much. This was precisely what concerned me
most, and figures largely in the letter I'm trying to write NPR without
sounding like a representative of lots of folks who are on the side of
the dance hall, not being selected as dance partners. I'm not yet
finding that balance. Actually, in response to Michael, I thought it
WOULD BE worthwhile to indicate the kinds of insights that are lost when
one lumps all signs together under the "symbol" category, the very
non-arbitrary social indexes that were conflated with the arbitrary
(symbols).

Best,

Jim

--