NPR's All Things Considered: Today's Episode in the Series, "The Human Edge"

Chelsea Booth chelsealbooth at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 10 17:13:26 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I raised this question to Jim and he suggested I forward it to you all:

Why are our non-ling anth colleagues answering questions about language
rather than recommending us for the job? If someone (NPR or even a student)
were to ask me a question about the cranial capacity of *Australopithecus
afarensis*, I would never answer that question when I know there are other,
more capable, individuals available in the discipline. Perhaps we need to
also extend our PR to our own association?

Chelsea L. Booth
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Anthropology
131 George Street, RAB 3rd floor