NPR's All Things Considered: Today's Episode in the Series, "The Human Edge"

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 10 18:27:11 UTC 2010

 I have done a fair amount of thinking and a bit of presenting on language
evolution issues (I think discussions of sign languages should be a key part
of this).  I think the world needs our ideas on this but that we haven't put
them into an easily disseminatable format yet.

How about compiling some of our ideas on language evolution?  I invite
everyone to discuss what linguistic anthropology theory can add to theories
of language evolution and we can post it on the SLA Blog and perhaps in the
Anthro Newsletter as starting points for further discussion.  I'll post
something myself as soon as I stick my head up from various things that
needed to be done yesterday.

all best,

Leila

--