Registration Open: Symposium on Communicative Practices in the Lifeworld (UC-Berkeley)

Nathaniel Dumas ndumas at BERKELEY.EDU
Mon Mar 8 02:45:53 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that general registration is open for the first
annual Symposium on Communicative Practices in the Lifeworld (CPIL), to be
held at the University of California, Berkeley on April 9th-10th, 2010. CPIL
provides an interdisciplinary venue for scholars who investigate the role of
communicative practices in social life. The conference aims to bring
together scholars who are interested in broad range of phenomena relevant to
language, interaction, and socio-cultural processes. We seek to maximize
these cross-disciplinary exchanges for rethinking previous and expanding new
perspectives for conceptualizing and methodologically investigating the
complex relationships between communication and social life.

To register for the conference, please visit the event website at the link
below. There you can download the registration form, which must be emailed
back to this email address (CPIL2010 at gmail.com). When registering, please
include "CPIL Registration" in the subject line. You can also view the
tentative program schedule as well as information on local accommodations.

http://townsendlab.berkeley.edu/linguistic-anthropology-working-group/CPIL

We look forward to the chance to welcome you here and to participate in what
we will hope will be a rich dialogue on language, interaction, and social
organization.

Best,
Nathaniel Dumas
CPIL 2010 Co-Organizer